Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Is this What you Imagined? Part 1

Hey Everyone.

After thinking a long while about this, I have decided that I would like to make Mondays my motivational/inspirational thought day. Mondays are often hard for me; I don't like to wake up and get back to work, even though I work at home. I tend to need a little more encouragement today than other days. Also, since I love graphic design, I will often incorporate that as well into the posts by offering a freebie to go along with my thoughts.

To start, I want to let you all know that I have had severe postpartum depression. It is something that I will likely talk about more, as it has continued to really affect my life. I don't know that I can call it postpartum anymore as my youngest is almost 2 now. Still I rely on medication and therapy to help me through. I am not stating this for anyone to feel sorry for me; but for others to know that it's OK if they have it too and this is a place that will be safe and accepting if you feel like sharing as well.

Anyways, I have given a lot of thought to the place I am at in my life and having had a really long hard winter with my depression, I am ready to look for ways to feel more motivated. What I found was this quote, that I try to say to myself everyday now:

“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.”  ~Henry David Thoreau


The part I want to focus on today is the "Live the life you have imagined" part.

So, what does a dream life look like?
I find it is pretty hard to have the life you have always wanted if you don't know what you want. Of late I have felt very unhappy. Bored with my life even. This is in part due to depression, but one day it dawned on me; I had the life that I wanted when I was 20 years old. Seven years later I was living it, but I wasn't happy. Now What?

Time To Change
Knowing I am not happy is the first step to changing my life. Growing up, all I knew was that I wanted a wonderful husband, a home, and children. I have been extremely blessed to receive all those things but I never stopped to think about ME.

What I mean by that, is that I have never really thought about what I want for myself from life. I have always assumed that my life would be fulfilling as I went day to day as a wife and mother. Now I don't want those who are reading this, who are fulfilled in those things, to think I am coming down on them. There is no greater role than a mother, but I need more and there is nothing wrong with that. I have an overwhelming desire to be creative, and make a difference in the world. Thus far I haven't been doing anything to actualize that.

I need to know what I want for myself to get that dream life...

Then in order to have the life you imagined, you need to Live it Right Now. Use your daily life to build yourself to where you have always wanted to be, whether that's a savvy business owner, a marathon runner, or owning an extravagant home by the beach. You can start the road to all those things TODAY and everyday after that.

In my next post I am going to go into more detail about what I want my life to look like, and how I can live Right Now. In the meantime, think about this yourself:

What does your dream life look like?

PS... A freebie will accompany part 2! 

xoxo
  



No comments:

Post a Comment